Geico has very competitive car insurance rates for many types of drivers, which makes it worth a look if you want cheap auto insurance. Its low level of auto insurance complaints are another reason to consider Geico.
- Great auto insurance rates for good drivers and also folks who have a speeding ticket, poor credit or were caught driving without insurance.
- Also offers great rates for seniors and young drivers, who can be very expensive to insure.
- Offers accident forgiveness.
- Offers a usage-based insurance program (DriveEasy) for good drivers who want to reduce their auto insurance rates based on driving habits.
- Low level of complaints made to state insurance departments about Geico’s auto insurance.
High average rates for drivers with a DUI.
Geico’s rates for adding a teen driver are only so-so.
You’ll have to look elsewhere if you want coverage features such as new car replacement, a vanishing deductible or rideshare insurance.
Geico’s average discount for bundling auto and home insurance is rather low at 8%.
Nationwide offers decent car insurance rates for some types of drivers and many helpful add-on coverages. The level of complaints against it for auto insurance is very low, making it a company to check out if you’re shopping for auto insurance. Notably, Nationwide offers both a usage-based insurance program and a pay-per-mile option for drivers who want to potentially lower their rates based on actual driving.
- Terrific car insurance rates when adding a teen driver to a policy, which is typically very expensive for parents.
- Relatively affordable premiums for drivers with poor credit.
- Offers accident forgiveness, new car replacement and vanishing deductible options to add to your policy.
- Offers usage-based insurance program (Smart Ride) for good drivers who want to lower their car insurance rates based on driving habits.
- Also offers a pay-per-mile insurance program (Smart Miles) for low-mileage drivers who want to save.
High auto insurance rates for drivers who cause an accident with injuries.
High car insurance premiums for drivers with a DUI.
Rideshare insurance coverage is not offered.
Travelers has decent rates overall for many types of drivers. The company also has many optional offerings that can give you better insurance protection, making it a good choice to look at when comparison shopping.
- Great price for loan/lease gap insurance at around $39 per year.
- Good average auto rates for drivers with a DUI on their records compared to top competitors.
- Offers accident forgiveness and also minor violation forgiveness.
- Offers a usage-based insurance program (IntelliDrive), which may get safe drivers a good-sized discount.
- Has a very low level of complaints made about it to state insurance departments.
Rates are on the high side for adding a teen driver to your policy.
Offers rideshare insurance, but only in a couple of states.
Travelers’ bundling discount for buying both auto and home insurance is on the low end at only 10%.
USAA has pretty affordable rates for motorists with many types of driving records, making it a good company for various driver profiles. Note that you must be a military member, veteran or military family member to be eligible for USAA insurance.
- Low rates for not only good drivers but also ones with an accident, ticket or DUI on their records.
- Also offers good rates for seniors and young drivers, two age groups that can be expensive to insure.
- Offers accident forgiveness and new car replacement.
- Offers a rideshare insurance coverage option.
- Has a usage-based insurance program (SafePilot) good drivers can use to potentially lower their car insurance costs.
Not everyone is eligible for coverage. Only offers policies to veterans and active members of the military, plus their immediate families.
USAA’s average bundling discount is fairly low at only 6%.
Average USAA rates for adding a teen to a policy are only so-so.
Does not offer gap insurance.
05. Auto-Owners Insurance
Auto-Owners Insurance shines with its optional coverage options, its claims process and low level of complaints, which helps it overcome only average rates.
- Gives a pretty good discount of 14%, on average, for paying in full for an auto insurance policy.
- Gap insurance is available.
- Offers coverage add-ons of accident forgiveness and a diminishing deductible.
- Also offers new car replacement coverage.
- Good drivers can try out Auto-Owners’ usage-based insurance program (TrueRide) to possibly lower their car insurance rates.
- High average rates for drivers with a DUI.
- Highest auto insurance rates for drivers with poor credit among the companies we analyzed.
- Very expensive average increase of almost $3,580 when adding a teen to a policy.
TAG : car insurance, cheap car insurance, car insurance quotes, auto insurance, insurance quotes, cheap auto insurance, car insurance company, cheap insurance, car insurance companies, car insurance near me, auto insurance quotes, the general car insurance, aaa auto insurance, best car insurance, state farm car insurance, auto insurance near me, usaa car insurance, cheap car insurance quotes